MA Level Online Unit
BB789d: A Biblical Theology of Covenant
Level: AQF level 9 Course work (ACT 700 level of study)
Classification: Biblical Studies (BB)
Unit Lecturer: Audio Lectures by Dr Guy Prentiss Waters, BA, MDiv, PhD
Guy is the James M. Baird, Jr. Professor of New Testament, Reformed Theological Seminary, Jackson, Miss., USA. Guy has a particular interest in the letters and theology of Paul the use of Scripture in the New Testament, and the Synoptic Gospels.
Books published by Dr Waters:
- The Acts of the Apostles, Darlington, UK: Evangelical Press, forthcoming.
- What Is the Bible?, P&R Publishing, 2013.
- A Christian’s Pocket Guide to Justification: Being Made Right With God?,Fearn: Christian Focus Publications, 2010; reprinted 2012.
- How Jesus Runs the Church,P&R Publishing, 2011.
- Children and the Lord's Supper, Mentor, 2011. Reforming or Conforming?: Post-Conservative Evangelicals and the Emerging Church, Crossway,2008.
- By Faith Alone, Crossway, 2007.
- The End of Deuteronomy in the Epistles of Paul, Abm Komers, 2006.
- The Federal Vision and Covenant Theology: A Comparative Analysis, P&R Publishing,2006.
- Justification and the New Perspectives on Paul, P&R Publishing,2004.
Tutors: Rev Dr Tony Bird, Rev Dr Felix Chung
Course Description –
This unit explores the way in which the Scriptures present and develop the theme of “covenant.” It will give attention to the way in which recent interpreters have approached this theme, and to the organic and progressive development of this theme within Scripture. Particular attention will be given to relevant passages from the Pentateuch, the Former and Latter Prophets, Paul, and the Epistle to the Hebrews. This unit will help students to see the importance and relevance of this biblical theme to Christian ministry.
Completion of all audio listening, 4 forum activities, one topical and one exegetical essay writing. Total number of word: 8000.
You do not need to attend lectures on campus. You can enjoy a world class biblical scholar lectures and earn credits without leaving your home. It is flexible and convenient. Please visit PTC online website for details of the MA online program: online.ptc.edu.au
Please contact Mrs Rachel Viljoen, Registrar, for enquiry and enrolment.