Training in Discipleship
This course is a great opportunity to develop as disciplers of God’s people and to learn to demonstrate how effective discipleship should be purpose driven, scripturally based and modelled on gospel and apostolic practice.
The Theory of Training in Discipleship
1. The Training Mandate for discipleship
2. The Training Mindset and objectives
3. The most neglected area of training
4. Factors contributing to discouragement and demotivation of disciples
The Practise of Training in Discipleship
I - Training in Character
5. Training in love
6. Training in trust and godliness
II Training in Convictions
7. Training in the theology of the Trinity as it relates to discipleship
8. Training in the theology of humanity as it relates to discipleship
III – Training in Competencies
9. Training in shepherding and one-to-one ministry
10. Training in prayer
11. Training evangelists
12. Training in small group ministry and basic bible study leading
Enrolment & fees
Audit: $110 - Includes attendance of all lectures, no assessment required.
Please note, once your enrolment has been received, the Registrar will contact you for the following documents:
Copies of certificates from previous studies
About David Martin
Dave Martin has ministered to university students for over 20 years always with an active interest in the local church.
Dave has been married to Jan for 30 years. They moved with their three boys from NSW to Geelong 12 years ago. Victoria is very much their home state now.
He has a great sense of humour, a love for non-participatory sport and an addiction to good coffee.