The ICS programme is designed to trained those intending to become missionaries. It combines biblical, theological and practical subject areas with a major study focus in mission.
This program enables students to investigate and critique mission-related issues both around the world and in Australia.
The following ICS subjects are taught in a three year cycle:
ICS foundational subjects
- History of Mission
- Theology of Mission
- Cultural Anthropology
- Issues in Missiology
- Principles of Evangelism
ICS core subjects
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Ministry in a Culturally Diverse Context
- Spiritual Formation for Cross-cultural Ministries
- Cross-cultural Field Education
Other ICS subjects
- Folk Religions
- Living Faith
- Christian Ministry in Islamic Contexts
- Applied Evangelism
- Church Dynamic and Growth
- Ethnographic Research
- Mission Seminar (Asian context focus)
The ICS program at Presbyterian Theological College can be taken as a one, two or three year course.
Integration is available within the following degrees: