Are you interested in coming to Australia to study at the PTC?

You will find here some useful information to help you decide what course to study, and learn about the support available to you in Australia. 

ACT logo monochrome with writing.png

+ What courses can I study at the PTC?

The Presbyterian Theological College is approved to delivery the following courses of the Australian College of Theology (CRICOS 02650E) to overseas students:


English Language requirements

  • IELTS (Academic Version) test results no more than 2 years old must be provided.
    Each course has specific IELTS score requirements, these are shown on the individual course information page.
  • If your educational certificates and records are in a language other than English, an official certified translation must be provided.
  • PTC reserves the right to set additional work to demonstrate proficiency in English Language.


+ How do I get a visa to study in Australia?


The Australian Government's Department of Immigration and Border Protection provides comprehensive information about student visa requirements and the application process, as well as application document checklist to assist you with your application.



The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website has a comprehensive list of Australian embassies, high commissions, consulates and representative offices around the world.



If you are granted a visa, you must abide by its conditions. Failure to comply with these conditions could result in the cancellation of your visa.

These conditions include, but are not limited to the following.

You must:

  • Complete the course within the duration specified in the Certificate of Enrolment (CoE). This is provided by PTC once your application has been accepted.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • Maintain approved Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC) while in Australia
  • Remain with the principal education provider for 6 calendar months, unless issued a letter of release from the provider to attend another institution.
  • Notify your training provider of your Australian address and any subsequent changes of address within 7 days.

For the full list of mandatory and discretionary student visa conditions please click here.


You must ensure you allow enough time for processing between lodging your application and the start of your academic program, as it can be a lengthy process depending on your country of origin.


+ How much will my course cost?

All overseas students are expected to be able to financially support themselves, and pay for all college fees.
Please note that the College is not able to offer scholarships or financial assistance to overseas students.


Tuition fees

Fees are set by the Australian College of Theology, and are subject to annual reviews effective on 1st January each year.


Living expenses

Other living expenses could cost you at least AU$20,000 per year for a single student. For more information, refer to the Australian Government's Study in Australia website.


+ What services are available to me in Australia?

Faculty support

Pastoral Dean: Rev Peter Hastie
Available for consultation and counsel by appointment. Students are encouraged to approach individual lecturers about matters concerning particular subjects.


Academic Dean: Rev Dr Jared Hood
Available to advise students on subject selection, academic progress and concerning any queries about the requirements of ACT students and PCA candidates.


Students from an Asian background: Rev Dr Felix Chung
Students from an Asian background will find it helpful to have regular contact and discussion with Felix Chung, who speaks Cantonese and Mandarin.


Medical Services

Doctor - Box Hill Superclinic
General Practioners with on-site pathology.
Open 7 days a week from 8am - midnight
Ph: 03 9899 8668


Dentist - Box Hill Family Dentistry
General dentistry practice with bi-lingual staff.
Open Monday - Saturday
Ph: 03 8843 2222



Personal counselling - Karinya Counselling Centre
Confidential counselling with reduced fees available for low-income patients.
Open Monday - Saturday
Ph: 03 9802 2886


Financial counselling - Christians Against Poverty
Help available for money management and dealing with debt.
Ph: 1300 227 000


Victoria Legal Aid
Free legal advice, and legal assistance grants for eligible persons.
Open Monday - Friday
Ph: 1300 792 387


+ Overseas Student Policies

The PTC is an affiliated college of the Australian College of Theology.
It may be helpful to consult the ACT International Student Information page, which provides regulations and guidelines for overseas students.

Course Credit Procedure

Grievance Resolution Policy

Deferment Suspension and Cancellation Policy

Release and Transfer Policy

Refund Policy


National Code

The National Code is a set of national standards that governs the protection of overseas students and delivery of courses to those students by providers registered on CRICOS.
Overseas students are advised to become familiar with the ESOS Framework, which provides the regulatory requirements for the Australian College of Theology and other providers of education to overseas students in Australia. It provides overseas students with protection.
The National Code is available here.



If you are unhappy with the quality of a course provided by the PTC and are not satisfied with our response, you can escalate your complaint to the Overseas Student Ombudsman.

Open Monday - Friday
Ph: 1300 362 072