College Registrar and Business Officer
The Presbyterian Theological College is an independent college affiliated with the Australian College of Theology (ACT).
Our students are equipped for Christian ministry from a reformed evangelical perspective and are prepared for preaching, pastoral work, chaplaincy and missions both in Australia and beyond.
Working closely with the Academic Dean of the College, the Registrar is responsible for all matters relating to admissions, student record keeping and overseeing the business side of the College. Integral to the college, the Registrar is the main point of contact for prospective and current students, both internationally and across Australia to guide them through all aspects of the admissions process. The role includes Business Officer duties, which involves working with the College Principal to manage budgets, reporting office expenditure to church office and overseeing banking of donations and tuition payments.
As the Presbyterian Theological College exists to train men and women for a variety of Christian ministries, we seek staff who align with our gospel mission and have a deep commitment to our spiritual definition. We engage staff who identify with the Christian foundations, ethos and aims of the College. The specific tasks of this position are to:
- Answer all enquiries
- Act as a liaison between the College, Church Head Office and the ACT
- Manage all aspects of the admissions process, including enrolments, amendments and withdrawals
- Assist the Academic Dean and Faculty with the interview process for prospective students
- Organise unit submissions for approvals with the ACT
- Schedule semester and exam timetables with the Academic Dean
- Organise Adjunct Lecturers
- Submit time-sheets for Adjunct Lecturer payments
- Liaise with students to answer enquiries and provide feedback
- Process cash and credit card payments and generate receipts
- Attend relevant events, and helps coordinate college tours and open days
- Attend Registrar and Finance conferences at the Australian College of Theology in Sydney
- Any other ad-hoc duties relating to admission
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Superior student service and communication skills
- Organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and calmly
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to build rapport and work in a team
- Positive attitude to work
- Experience in college or university administration would be beneficial
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary
- Friendly working environment, with a supportive and caring leadership team
- Onsite parking
27th August, 2018
If you are interested in this opportunity please email an up-to-date copy of your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applicants must have full working rights in Australia.
You can see the full role description here.
If you have any enquiries, please contact Peter Hastie, Principal of the College.