Presbyterian Theological College is an affiliated college of the Australian College of Theology (ACT). The tuition fees are set by ACT on an annual basis.

More information about tuition fees is available here.


ACT logo monochrome with writing.png

Which fees apply to me?

Domestic fees apply to students who are:

  • Australian citizens; OR

  • Australian permanent residents; OR

  • Holders of any non-student visa for the duration of their course (eg. humanitarian visa, partner visa)

Overseas fees apply to students who are:

  • not Australian citizens; AND

  • holders of a student visa

  • all overseas students are also required to pay an Application fee of $250.00


+ Government assistance


Certain students are eligible to pay their fees through FEE-HELP, a federal government loans scheme.

Am I eligible for FEE-HELP?

  • Eligibilty depends on your citizenship, residency and course enrolment.
  • The most up-to-date requirements can be found here.

How do I apply for FEE-HELP?

  • A 'Request for FEE-HELP Assistance' form is available from the Registrar.
  • Please note you will need to provide a Tax File Number (TFN) to apply for FEE-HELP.


Eligible students studying approved courses (as defined by Centrelink) can access government payments including:

  • Youth Allowance (21 - 24 years old)
  • AUSTUDY (25 years old and over)
  • ABSTUDY (Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent)

Applications should be made directly through the Department of Human Services.



There are several options for accessing concession rates on public transport as a PTC student.

  1. Health Care Card
    Many students will qualify for a low-income health care card, which can be applied for through Centrelink. This card provides access to concession fares on Victorian pubic transport, with no further paperwork required.

  2. Tertiary Student Concession Card
    If you do not qualify for a low-income health care card, you can still apply for a tertiary student concession card if you meet the following criteria:

    • You are an undergraduate student
    • You have a full-time study load
    • All of your subjects are on-campus (not online)
    • You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • The application form can be found on the PTV website here, or at most metropolitan train stations.

  • An authorised signature is required, which can be obtained from the Registrar.

  • Please note that tertiary concession cards have an expiration date and must be reapplied for annually.

+ Scholarships & Bursaries

Further information and application forms for all scholarships and bursaries are available from the Registrar.



The following people are eligible for scholarships to assist towards the costs of studying at the PTC:

  • Students who are candidates for the ministry in the Presbyterian Church of Victoria, together with applicants through the Reception of Ministers Committee (once accepted by a Presbytery).
  • The wife of any candidate for the ministry in the Presbyterian Church of Victoria, while her husband is studying. Limited to two units per semester.
  • PCV Ministers in good standing with their Presbytery.
  • Missionaries (accredited with a recognised denomination or mission organisation).

Home Missioners are encouraged to seek support for their studies from the Ministry Development Committee.



A limited number of bursaries are available to candidates for ministry in the Presbyterian Church, who are not also receiving AUSTUDY.



Women who fulfill the following criteria may be eligible for funding to support their study at the PTC:

  • Applicant is a member of a Presbyterian church
  • Applicant has the support of the Session at her local church
  • Applicant's intended studies are to prepare her for future diaconal ministry, or further equip her for current work as a deaconess

+ Fees policy

  • Fees are payable no later than four weeks from the start of the semester, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Principal.
  • Faculty reserves the right to instruct the ACT to withhold exam results if fees have not been paid in full, or if special payment arrangements have not been honoured.

The student debt policy is available from the Registrar upon request.